Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option for headphone ouput lost

When I leave my headphones plugged in overnight and the machine goes into sleep mode, upon awaking the machine I no longer have the headphones as an audio output option. I am running Mac OS X Sierra version 10.12.6.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 5:53 AM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2017 10:47 AM in response to Radio Nut

That’s strange. Look inside the jack to see if there’s a red light on, if there is it might be stuck in digital mode, otherwise if you click on the speaker icon at the top of the screen while holding down the option key, it should show a full list of all sound inputs and outputs.just click on built in which should fix it and get you your headphones back. If it’s stuck in digital mode, you’d have to fire up audio midi app and get it switched over to analog

Hope I haven’t confused you too much

John B

Nov 11, 2017 11:51 AM in response to Johnb-one

John,

Thanks for your reply. There is no red light on in the headphone jack. This has happened to me multiple times as well as others that I have read about in the community. Once the machine is rebooted, the headphone jack once again appears.

Rev. Steve Fulks

Administrator for Operations

Baptist Mid-Missions

7749 Webster Road

Cleveland, OH. 44130

440-826-3930

The information contained in this email is solely for the recipient and should not be forwarded without permission.

Sent from my iPhone

Option for headphone ouput lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.