Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my iphone 7 has no place in settings to add my mail password. i cannot send mail and get an error message that I am using the wrong password. what to do?

When I tried to send an email from the mail app on my iPhone 7 (iOS 11), an error message said my password or user name is wrong and provided an option to goto Settings. In Settings (accounts & passwords), I see the username is correct, and there’s no place to add or change my password. How do I make sure this password is the correct one to login to my email account so I can access it from my iPhone?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 5:30 PM in response to PopCosta In response to PopCosta

Hello PopCosta,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about your email issues on your iPhone. Please try the troubleshooting in this help article, which includes a section about the email password:

If you can't send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Nov 11, 2017 5:30 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: PopCosta

Question: my iphone 7 has no place in settings to add my mail password. i cannot send mail and get an error message that I am using the wrong password. what to do?