Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos/videos

Trying to delete a large number of photos. I can move them into the "Please Delete" but the trash option in this folder only offers the option to Remove from Album. This is very frustrating, and the only info I can find assumes I use iCloud, which I do not.

Any kind person help here?

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:06 AM

That implies that the album is one that you've created directly on the iPad, in which case it only contain pointers to the photos, not a separate copy of the photo - to actually delete a photo (as opposed to the pointer to it in your album) you need to delete the original photo e.g. from the Camera Roll album if that's where you 'copied' them into the album from (to remove photos that were synced from a computer you need to reconnect the iPad to your computer's iTunes, change you photo sync selection, and resync)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 10:06 AM in response to 61319tele

That implies that the album is one that you've created directly on the iPad, in which case it only contain pointers to the photos, not a separate copy of the photo - to actually delete a photo (as opposed to the pointer to it in your album) you need to delete the original photo e.g. from the Camera Roll album if that's where you 'copied' them into the album from (to remove photos that were synced from a computer you need to reconnect the iPad to your computer's iTunes, change you photo sync selection, and resync)

Nov 12, 2017 10:06 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank for that. I think it may be the case that the photos (and videos) are being "synced back" onto the iPad.

Subsequent problem, however. The iPad won't sync. It gets to step 3 then the iPad icon vanishes from iTunes, halting the process. The charging icon on the iPad continues to be visible, so there is a connection there but I can't get it to complete the sync.

Bizarre.

Deleting photos/videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.