Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how can i download an app under a new apple id

I have changed my Apple ID so I only have to keep track of one ID/password. But I have some apps purchased under an old ID that I want to buy with my new ID. In the APP store it seems that apps I have under an old ID have the “download cloud” not the “get” button. I clicked on “download” and it asked for the password of my old ID. I want to purchase it with my new ID but “buy “ it “get” isn’t an option. Help!?!

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

You will need to delete all the apps purchased under your old ID before you can download them again using your new ID. You may need to sign out of the App Store, restart, and then sign in again.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 11, 2017 6:17 AM in response to MargieInDTX In response to MargieInDTX

You will need to delete all the apps purchased under your old ID before you can download them again using your new ID. You may need to sign out of the App Store, restart, and then sign in again.

Nov 11, 2017 6:17 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 8:10 PM in response to MargieInDTX In response to MargieInDTX

Well shoot . . . I logged out. Restarted my phone. And logged back in. The app is still in the cloud under my former apple id and even though I'm logged in under a new apple id it remembers it.

Any other ideas?

Nov 12, 2017 8:10 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: MargieInDTX

Question: how can i download an app under a new apple id