Related Article

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Authetication fails when trying to set up apple mail account on android device. Im using email acct pw that works on apple devices and get the authetication message. So i think i have a pw problem but cannot see how to get past it??????

Trying to set up apple mail on android device. I have a pw problem or something else that makes authentication fail. I have used proper incoming and outgoing mail settings so I'm pretty sure it's a pw problem. When I delete the current apple mail acct and try to set up again and create a new pw for the account on android it still acts like it's looking for the original pw for the acct. I can't seem to get beyond that point???

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 8:37 AM in response to rogergc In response to rogergc

Are you using an app-specific password instead of your normal password? That is now a requirement for iCloud email on 3rd party apps. To use an app-specific password you must first turn on two-factor authentication or two-step verification. See: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Nov 11, 2017 8:37 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rogergc

Question: Authetication fails when trying to set up apple mail account on android device. Im using email acct pw that works on apple devices and get the authetication message. So i think i have a pw problem but cannot see how to get past it??????