Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vanishing emails ...

Hi,

I wrote a very long email. It took quite a while. It included 27MB of attached files.

When I sent the email ... it never appeared in the sent folder. I thought that it was normal since the attached files weighted 27MB ... and I had to leave MailDrop do it's work. But it never appeared in the Sent folder.

I sent it another time and it ended the same way. The 2 emails disappeared leaving no trace anywhere.

Where did those email go ? Why did they vanished like that ?

Robert Lespérance

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), 3,5 GHz Intel i7 - 3TB FD - 32GB

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 6:42 AM

11 replies

Nov 14, 2017 9:44 AM in response to Robert Lesperance

From the Mail app Help:

You can use Mail Drop to send files that exceed the maximum size allowed by your email account provider. Mail Drop uploads large attachments to iCloud, where they’re encrypted and stored for up to 30 days.

• If you have an iCloud account and you’re signed in to iCloud when you click Send, Mail automatically sends the attachments using Mail Drop. Mail Drop attachments don’t count against your iCloud storage.
  • If you don’t have an iCloud account, or if you’re not signed in, Mail asks you whether to use Mail Drop (to always use Mail Drop select “Don’t ask again for this account”).

If a recipient uses Mail in OS X v10.10 or later, the attachments are included in your message. For other recipients, your message includes links for downloading the attachments, and their expiration date.

You can turn Mail Drop on or off for an account. Choose Mail > Preferences, click Accounts, select the account, click Advanced, then select or deselect “Send large attachments with Mail Drop.”

Nov 14, 2017 9:35 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Mail Dopmis a feature available in OS X also ... and that is exactly what I did. From the link you sent me:

If you want to attach files that are too large to send in email, you can use Mail Drop. It lets you upload attachments up to 5 GB and send a link or preview to your recipients. You can send these attachments from iCloud.com or from the Mail app on your iOS device (iOS 9.2 or later) or Mac (OS X 10.11 or later).

Vanishing emails ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.