Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch has a swollen battery.

Last week I was at the beach with my Apple Watch Series 2, I was so stupid that I forgot to take it off. When I got home I washed my watch with warm water then wiped the water off. I imminently charged the watch 'cause it was in power reserve mode. A few hours later, I took my watch and was trying to turn it on. Nothing happened. I was panicking! So I didn't wear the apple watch for a week. Later that week I tried to charge it again, while it was charging I heard the ding sound. I was so shocked! But the screen didn't work. I tried to turn it on and off until I left it again. A few weeks later I saw some Light blue thing around the border of the LCD screen, what is it? Is it water? 2 Weeks later, I was at my desk, I looked at my Apple Watch. The screen came off. There were so many white dusts inside the Apple watch. The battery expanded and was swollen.

--Questions--

1.Can my Apple Watch Series 2 be replaced with a swollen battery?

2. I know it's not waterproof and it's only water resistant but why did my Apple Watch suddenly gave up? I saw a few clips of people wearing their Apple Watch at the beach while swimming. They survived.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.2.3, Nike Edition

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 6:39 PM

Hi

Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch. Apple Watch is not user-serviceable and Apple does not offer a screen repair or replacement service.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service - or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

I'm afraid that no-one here can ell you what Apple will decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 6:39 PM in response to CarelMaderazo

Hi

Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch. Apple Watch is not user-serviceable and Apple does not offer a screen repair or replacement service.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service - or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

I'm afraid that no-one here can ell you what Apple will decide in your specific case. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Nov 11, 2017 6:39 PM in response to CarelMaderazo

Apple recommends that you no longer wear or use a damaged device. Make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple store for them to examine and evaluate the device. Apple makes the final determination, no one here could make that call. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here.

If you do not have an Apple Store close by, then use the Contact Apple link at the top right of the page to contact Apple to see about service to send the device to Apple for determination. The will explain your options after that.

My Apple Watch has a swollen battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.