Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 no longer loads after update

After a graphics update in Windows 10 the iMac crashed and now Windows will no longer load. I get a blank screen, but can make the mouse curser appear and that is it. I have tried numerous restarts with the same result.

iMac 27 inch Late 2015

Radeon 395x

Sierra 10.12.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 7:54 PM

Does macOS boot properly? If yes, and you can use something like Paragon NTFS Trial to replace the driver files. The other option may be to consider a VMware Fusion trial version and see if you can correct the driver using Fusion.

19 replies

Nov 12, 2017 6:00 PM in response to Loner T

I have tried getting into safe mode numerous times now. I press F8 immediately after selecting the windows partition and have even plugged in a windows keyboard, but still can't get it to load. I don't know if it is different with windows 10 vs. past versions, but that is always how I have done it. I literally can't do it any faster or slower and make it work. After googling windows 10 safe mode it give instructions for how to do it inside of Windows, which does me no good at this point.

I don't see any options in BCA other than Restore.

Nov 14, 2017 11:34 AM in response to DerPhlip

I kind of played with it until I got it to work. I think you go to "My Parallels Desktop" and hit the "+" button on the top right of the small window that opens. It will give you 4 options one of which is Use Windows from Boot Camp. Select that and be prepared to wait awhile. It is very slow once it opens but it acts just like you are in Windows normally except at about 1/4 the speed. Search for system restore and select a restore point prior to your issue. It took so long to restore I thought the computer was hung up again, but when it finished I was able to boot into windows again like nothing had ever happened. Hope that helps.

Nov 14, 2017 2:08 PM in response to leavenssti

Thanks for the Quick Answer. But unluckily that doesn't work for me. It only asks me to recover windows, without giving me the chance to do so. Guess I'll try to replace the driver files with Paragon NTFS. Just need to figure out which ones they are, and where to get the earlier version.
Wish me luck. I'll report to you, if it works and how it was done. To add possible solution to this thread.

Windows 10 no longer loads after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.