Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Windows 10 no longer loads after update

After a graphics update in Windows 10 the iMac crashed and now Windows will no longer load. I get a blank screen, but can make the mouse curser appear and that is it. I have tried numerous restarts with the same result.

iMac 27 inch Late 2015

Radeon 395x

Sierra 10.12.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Does macOS boot properly? If yes, and you can use something like Paragon NTFS Trial to replace the driver files. The other option may be to consider a VMware Fusion trial version and see if you can correct the driver using Fusion.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 8:39 PM in response to leavenssti In response to leavenssti

In Safe Mode, you can rollback drivers. It does require that you have System Restore points enabled or manually created after each update. You may also be able to create a Windows Installer to repair it.

If you BC Assistant, what are the available options. If you see only Remove/Restore, quit BC Assistant.

Nov 11, 2017 8:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 6:00 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

I have tried getting into safe mode numerous times now. I press F8 immediately after selecting the windows partition and have even plugged in a windows keyboard, but still can't get it to load. I don't know if it is different with windows 10 vs. past versions, but that is always how I have done it. I literally can't do it any faster or slower and make it work. After googling windows 10 safe mode it give instructions for how to do it inside of Windows, which does me no good at this point.

I don't see any options in BCA other than Restore.

Nov 12, 2017 6:00 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 1:37 PM in response to leavenssti In response to leavenssti

I got around the boot issue by selecting the Windows partition as the primary startup. I am pretty sure I am getting into safe mode because it reacts slightly different (plan black screen vs. black screen with never ending spinny wheel of death). This seems like a dead end. I hate to have to wipe it and start over. Any more thoughts?

Nov 13, 2017 1:37 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 13, 2017 7:54 PM in response to leavenssti In response to leavenssti

Does macOS boot properly? If yes, and you can use something like Paragon NTFS Trial to replace the driver files. The other option may be to consider a VMware Fusion trial version and see if you can correct the driver using Fusion.

Nov 13, 2017 7:54 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: leavenssti

Question: Windows 10 no longer loads after update