Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Does iCloud Photo Library avoid dups between devices

I am implementing iCloud Photo Library for my iMac, iPhone and iPad. I have over 50,000 photos. Some are on all three devices with some of these edited on one device but not on another. Will I get a lot of duplicates once the library is set up? Also, after setup can I create an album on an iPad or iPhone and have it automatically transferred to the other devices? Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), iPhoto 11

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Thanks! Good to know. If I create new albums on my iPad will it automatically transfer them to the other devices?

Yes, albums should sync between devices. smart albums will only sync between Macs, however.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 9:01 AM in response to davidfrommorrison In response to davidfrommorrison

iCloud Photo Library will merge the libraries from the different devices in iCloud and and will resolve conflicts between exact duplicates. Exact duplicates will only be kept once.

Nov 11, 2017 9:01 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Nov 11, 2017 9:26 AM in response to davidfrommorrison In response to davidfrommorrison

Thanks! Good to know. If I create new albums on my iPad will it automatically transfer them to the other devices?

Yes, albums should sync between devices. smart albums will only sync between Macs, however.

Nov 11, 2017 9:26 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: davidfrommorrison

Question: Does iCloud Photo Library avoid dups between devices