Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch 3 messaging

Apple watch series 3 not sending or receiving when away from my phone. My iphone is on and connected to wifi. contacted verizon. They said apple should be sending out an update. Anyone else having this issue? VERY disappointing...

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 9:32 AM

Hi

It may help to follow the instructions here, including under the heading "Get help if you can't send or receive messages" and including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch if necessary:

Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the functions that are available on your Apple Watch when it is away from your iPhone depend on various factors including:

Features and requirements that apply under various circumstances are detailed here, including within footnote #1:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

If you still need help, then I suggest that you contact your carrier in the first instance.

If the issue persists, then, depending on your carrier's advice, I suggest that you next contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 9:32 AM in response to willyates3

Hi

It may help to follow the instructions here, including under the heading "Get help if you can't send or receive messages" and including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch if necessary:

Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the functions that are available on your Apple Watch when it is away from your iPhone depend on various factors including:

Features and requirements that apply under various circumstances are detailed here, including within footnote #1:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

If you still need help, then I suggest that you contact your carrier in the first instance.

If the issue persists, then, depending on your carrier's advice, I suggest that you next contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

apple watch 3 messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.