Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is there a different apple id when i try to update my aps with my apple id it shows somebody elses apple id and ask fora password to the id that isnt mine??

How come it's asking for an if that doesn't belong to me or this phone7why is there a different apple id when i try to update my aps with my apple id it shows somebody elses apple id and ask fora password to the id that isnt mine??

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 8:25 AM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2017 5:39 PM in response to Niel

How would I know which apps were downloaded with another ID?

My brother and I used to share music etc, on the ipods. Now my new phone is asking for my brothers disabled Apple ID (He doesn't used it). I have deleted all my music, books, podcast, movies etc trying to delete whatever might have been downloaded with my brothers old ID. The only thing I want to save are my contacts, passbooks and a few things like that.

why is there a different apple id when i try to update my aps with my apple id it shows somebody elses apple id and ask fora password to the id that isnt mine??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.