Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When you change a contacts name on your phone does it automatically change it on your MacBook?

Contacts in my MacBook are showing as just numbers so I’m wondering if I have to go in manually and add a name to each on or is their a simple way to fix that problem. Also does this mean if a contact name is changed on my phone will it change on my MacBook?

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 8:57 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 6:07 AM in response to GJR10

Hello GJR10,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that contacts on your MacBook are showing as just numbers without any names. If you are using iCloud on both your iPhone and your MacBook, yes, making a change to a contact on one device will be reflected on the other device. In a situation like this first check to make sure all your contacts are listed correctly on iCloud.com . If they are, turning iCloud contacts off and then on again may help refresh the contacts so you would not have to go in manually to add a name to each contact.

The following article also has some information which may be helpful in resolving this type of issue: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards.

When you change a contacts name on your phone does it automatically change it on your MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.