Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I believe my phone number is hacked

I just received a weird confirmation code from Facebook. Why did they sent it to me? My account isn’t even associated with my phone number, I believe that my phone number is hacked.

P.S. The only weird one here is 86063. **** is fine cuz that was from me

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 9:51 AM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2017 11:18 AM in response to The_Old_Man

If you didn't request the code from FB, why on earth would you try to use it? Don't do that!.

If you're concerned, change your passcodes on your Gmail and Apple ID accounts and make sure you have two factor authentication set up on both.

Again, someone probably typed in your mobile number by mistake. It happens.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

Nov 11, 2017 11:51 AM in response to The_Old_Man

What do you mean your phone number was "hacked"?

The notification you received could have been an error (e.g. someone typed in the wrong phone number). Or, it could be some sort of scam to get information from you.

It's theoretically possible that someone got access to your cellular account information. Change the password if you think that may be a possibility.

Nov 11, 2017 8:18 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

If this is Facebook who sending me the code, does it have have anything associated with my Apple or Gmail account that are connected with that number? My gmail and my Apple have my phone number connected. So if I typed in the code above (86063, and it connects someone’s Facebook with my phone number) does it have to do anything with my Gmail or my Apple account?

I believe my phone number is hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.