Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have upgraded to ios11 today, iPhone 6 is getting really hot with very little data usage!!!

Have upgraded to ios11 today, iPhone 6 is getting really hot with very little data usage!!!

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 9:45 AM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2017 6:35 AM in response to Deekinger

Greetings, Deekinger!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that your iPhone 6 is feeling warmer to the touch since you upgraded to iOS 11. I can understand being concerned about this, and I am happy to help.

Please see the following resource, especially this section, for further information:

Your device might get warm

When you use the device or charge the battery, the device might get warm. You might notice that your device feels warmer in these situations:

• When you set up your device the first time
  • When you restore from a backup
  • When apps reindex or reanalyze data, like Photos tagging for faces, places, or keywords after a software update

These conditions are normal, and your device will return to a regular temperature when complete.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Have a fantastic day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.