Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When Is the update on iOS coming out that will actually make my phone work normal?

Dear apple before you decide to mandatory update my perfectly working 2 month old phone with your glitchy new software, could you please do some more research. I am starting to regret buying your product, my phone drops phone calls constantly, won’t send messages, took me 10 minutes and 3 tries just to sign in and send this message. I’m very displeased thus far and I just bought this phone.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 10:01 AM

8 replies

Nov 11, 2017 10:04 AM in response to TwoBiteTony

When Apple announces the release.

If you just bought the phone then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

My phone works just fine.

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

1. Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).
  3. Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

Nov 11, 2017 10:09 AM in response to TwoBiteTony

Dear TwoBiteTony, have you considered actually asking for help in this user-to-user technical support community for the specific issues that you have, rather than posting snarky, meaningless comments that Apple will never see, as they do not follow the user-to-user discussions?

For the record, my phone works perfectly on iOS 11.1.1, and it did also on all of the other iOS versions.

Nov 11, 2017 10:10 AM in response to Kappy

I’ve restarted the phone numerous times. This whole connect to iTunes and this and that crap and set it up to factory settings seems like nonsense to me. My phone was working fine before the update. What I want to know is why must I do this process every time apple decides to come out with a glitchy new iOS? Second of all, make it mandatory for my apps to work by installing this crap new update? I think it’s all poppycock.

Nov 11, 2017 10:15 AM in response to TwoBiteTony

I guess you will never solve the problem, then. To be clear, it is a problem with YOUR PHONE. It is not a problem with the release, which has now been installed, according to Apple, on 500 million phones, most of which are having no problems. If you aren't willing to try basic troubleshooting steps you will have to live with the problems forever.

Nov 11, 2017 10:24 AM in response to Kappy

I bought the phone maybe 5 weeks ago, I get this latest update and it’s wonky man I’ve had it, it keeps dropping important phone calls constantly and coming up as call failed, it’s driving me nuts, snarky and meaningLess comments Lawrence ? Cmon man, I spent really good money on this phone and not even 2 months in I’m having issues Already, I’m gonna go to the apple store and see what they do. Ps I’m not tech savvy either when it comes to this

When Is the update on iOS coming out that will actually make my phone work normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.