Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Edit Sheet title in Numbers

I want to re-name the title of the duplicated sheet shown below. However, I click on & highlight the text within the title box (ie “May - June-1”) and re-type “July - August” but, when I hit Return, the text reverts to “May - June-1”. What am I doing wrong please?

User uploaded file

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi Paul,

You've already got a sheet called July - August. Numbers won't allow duplicate sheet names, so it's reverting to the original name. A year at the end of each sheet name (eg July - August 2018) would be one way of fixing it.

Cheers,

H

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 1:03 PM in response to PaulSG In response to PaulSG

Not directly related to your question (which HD has answered) but in your screenshots it looks as if you have lots of merged cells. Bad idea! ... Unless you are doing no calculations and are just using Numbers as a simple layout tool rather than a spreadsheet.

SG

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 11, 2017 12:06 PM in response to PaulSG In response to PaulSG

Hi Paul,

You've already got a sheet called July - August. Numbers won't allow duplicate sheet names, so it's reverting to the original name. A year at the end of each sheet name (eg July - August 2018) would be one way of fixing it.

Cheers,

H

Nov 11, 2017 12:06 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 1:03 PM in response to PaulSG In response to PaulSG

Not directly related to your question (which HD has answered) but in your screenshots it looks as if you have lots of merged cells. Bad idea! ... Unless you are doing no calculations and are just using Numbers as a simple layout tool rather than a spreadsheet.

SG

Nov 11, 2017 1:03 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: PaulSG

Question: Edit Sheet title in Numbers