Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update has many defects

The latest iPhone update has many (many) defects. Enough that it is pretty much making my phone unusable! Can I remove the update?

It’s so bad - I can barely enter this post!

I have to power-cycle to exit apps.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 10:45 AM

10 replies

Nov 16, 2017 6:33 PM in response to ghelbig

Okay, so you have perfected restart. Then next steps are restore from backup, restore to factory; testing after each step. If you restore the device to factory, set it up as new and test it before adding any additional content and it still exhibits a problem, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar. However, I suspect that the factory restore is going to fix the problem, and you can add your content back manually, without using your backup. It sounds like you have corrupt data in your backup.

Nov 23, 2017 9:46 AM in response to ghelbig

Another issue is the bonding between cellular and WiFi data. If both are marginal the iPhone will learn to ignore both of them, requiring a restart to unjam the TCP/IP stacks. It appears to be sending on one, and waiting for the ack on the other.

The exit button on several apps (notably photos and iMessage) is unresponsive at these times

I have a metric on battery life. One trip that I used to be able to use 'maps' for the entirety now results in a 'critical battery level' after I'm 2/3rds of the way there.

And it appears that I have offended some by suggesting that the software might have defects. I'm not trying to be inflammatory - I just want me phone to be as useful as it was.

update has many defects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.