Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Norton Symantec for Mac a good program?

I have an item in my automatic login folder called SymSecond its "kind" is listed as unknown. It has a page icon in front of it. I believe that it is part of Norton Symantec. I have searched my iMac and have found a couple of things in my downloads folder

1 Norton Donload Manager.exe 2011

2 Norton Internet Security 4 Mac. dmg 2010

I think they may be pieces that got dragged over from an old Mac.

I believe I have Stuffit somewhere also.

Is it alright to leave these on my computer?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Parallels with Snow Leopard Server

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 10:55 AM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2017 4:17 PM in response to Peggie

If you post an EtreCheck report as suggested below, we might be able to help you with the cleanup of your migration.

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Is Norton Symantec for Mac a good program?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.