Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My mail program keeps asking me for my gmail password...

Is this a Mail issue or a Gmail issue? My email accts are offline and won't connect, but the accts are fine because I can access them directly through Gmail. Rather annoying.

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), (Late-2014)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 10:41 AM in response to Russss... In response to Russss...

In Mail's preferences click on Accounts button in the toolbar. Click on Server Settings. Be sure your incoming and outgoing servers are entered as well as the password(s). Click on the Save button. Now, put account online. Quit Mail then re-open it.

Nov 11, 2017 10:41 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 10:53 AM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

This is new Mail behavior to me because it has been working fine up until a day or two ago. Pardon the screenshots, but this will let you see what I'm seeing. The last shot has no info filled in which may be the problem, but the last time I was in Mail Prefs I don't recall these blanks.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 11, 2017 10:53 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 11:04 AM in response to Russss... In response to Russss...

It would appear that the upgrade has wiped your account's entries. You will need to reconfigure the account's entries in order to use Mail with your Gmail account. This also happened to me. I think many upgrades had a problem like this. I don't know why other than Installer error.

Nov 11, 2017 11:04 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Russss...

Question: My mail program keeps asking me for my gmail password...