Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

default photos!

Is it safe to delete the default photos that came with apple watch?
(I am not sure which watch os is on my device. I have the series 3 38mm)

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 4:17 AM

Hi

By default, Apple Watch syncs any photos that have been marked as Favourites within the Photos app on your iPhone.

Photos cannot be deleted directly from your Apple Watch.

Instead, either remove photos from the synced album on your iPhone (they will then also be removed from your Apple Watch) or - to select a different photo album for syncing to your Apple Watch - follow the instructions here (current photos will again be removed automatically):

Choose your album and manage storage

If you are instead referring to watch faces, then you can remove watch faces as desired from the collection on your Apple Watch by following the instructions here (which also instructions for adding new watch faces back to your watch):

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 4:17 AM in response to shyshy0192

Hi

By default, Apple Watch syncs any photos that have been marked as Favourites within the Photos app on your iPhone.

Photos cannot be deleted directly from your Apple Watch.

Instead, either remove photos from the synced album on your iPhone (they will then also be removed from your Apple Watch) or - to select a different photo album for syncing to your Apple Watch - follow the instructions here (current photos will again be removed automatically):

Choose your album and manage storage

If you are instead referring to watch faces, then you can remove watch faces as desired from the collection on your Apple Watch by following the instructions here (which also instructions for adding new watch faces back to your watch):

default photos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.