Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1, having trouble with email retrieval in Mail app

Upgraded iMac to High Sierra 10.13.1, now having trouble with email retrieval in Mail app. It says I need to login to the email server, but it does not accept my email password. I can retrieve email on web, but not through Mail app. Anyone else having this issue with the upgrade?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 6:52 PM

Please check your Mail's preferences for servers. I'm guessing you will find missing passwords and server entries. Fix them and your Mail should work properly. Once you make the changes you should be sure to put the account back online then Quit Mail and relaunch it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 6:52 PM in response to JimInABQ

Please check your Mail's preferences for servers. I'm guessing you will find missing passwords and server entries. Fix them and your Mail should work properly. Once you make the changes you should be sure to put the account back online then Quit Mail and relaunch it.

Upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1, having trouble with email retrieval in Mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.