Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choppy Sound with Bluetooth Headphones Connected to iPhone 6 on IOS 11.1

I recently updated to IOS 11.1 on my Iphone 6. Ever since updating from IOS 10.3.3, playing music over my AKG C50Bt bluetooth headphones and other bluetooth headphones running bluetooth 4.0 has been choppy. I'll be listening to a song and every so often the sound will cut out for a second. This happens quite often, especially while walking or exercising with my iPhone in my pocket as apposed to it being in my hand. I checked to see if the headphones are the problem, but it doesn't seem so. The AKG C50Bt and other bluetooth headphones that I use work perfectly fine while connected to my MacBook air or other devices. I've never had this problem before on the previous generation of firmwares. Is there any solution to this or anything else that may be interfering with the connection between the two devices? Could it be the new firmware effecting the bluetooth connectivity?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:34 AM

Hey Chris!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see that since updating to iOS 11.1 you are having difficulty with Bluetooth connectivity on your iPhone 6, and it's happening with multiple Bluetooth devices (which work fine connected to other devices). I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I woudl first recommend restarting your iPhone, then testing its connectivity: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If the issue continues after restarting, I would suggest reinstalling the iOS software on your iPhone. You can do that following the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Even though the title of the article isn't the same as the issue you're having, there is no difference in the reinstallation steps and they will still be helpful, and will install the latest iOS version, 11.1.1.

Reinstalling iOS will not remove any data from your iPhone, but I would still encourage you to create a backup using the steps here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 8:34 AM in response to ChrisDiLorenzo

Hey Chris!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see that since updating to iOS 11.1 you are having difficulty with Bluetooth connectivity on your iPhone 6, and it's happening with multiple Bluetooth devices (which work fine connected to other devices). I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I woudl first recommend restarting your iPhone, then testing its connectivity: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If the issue continues after restarting, I would suggest reinstalling the iOS software on your iPhone. You can do that following the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Even though the title of the article isn't the same as the issue you're having, there is no difference in the reinstallation steps and they will still be helpful, and will install the latest iOS version, 11.1.1.

Reinstalling iOS will not remove any data from your iPhone, but I would still encourage you to create a backup using the steps here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a great day!

Choppy Sound with Bluetooth Headphones Connected to iPhone 6 on IOS 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.