Related Article

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can images within an album be re-arranged?

The information I can find shows that "albums" can be re-arranged by dragging. What about images within an album?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 1:34 PM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

Yes and repeated for about 30 seconds but same results.

I investigated the Photos pulldown menu for :View" then "Sort". There is a greyed out option that is checked "keep sorted by oldest first" or something close. I did not find a way to uncheck it.

Nov 11, 2017 1:34 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 1:40 PM in response to jpfjohn In response to jpfjohn

further investigation found in the "shared album" where I had the problem the option for sorting is locked but under "My Albums" in a random choice of album there are 3 active sorting album. Thus maybe my problem is isolated to a "shared Album" only

Nov 11, 2017 1:40 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 1:47 PM in response to jpfjohn In response to jpfjohn

within "my album" the 3 sorting options are by title, first in, last in. Thus the images don't seem to have a unsorted option which may prevent re-arrangement. Does Eric Root have any options I haven't found yet to explain why he can move images and I can't?

Nov 11, 2017 1:47 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 2:37 PM in response to jpfjohn In response to jpfjohn

within My Albums I can drag and move images around. Within Shared albums I cannot move images around

Nov 11, 2017 2:37 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jpfjohn

Question: Can images within an album be re-arranged?