Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My calendars are no longer syncing on iCloud between iOS and OS

My calendars are no longer syncing between my iPad air 2, iPhone 7 and iMac running OS Sierra. i set up a new apple ID as a test account and all calendar events synced perfectly. When I signed out of the new apple id and back to my original account, the syncing continued to not work. Photos, messaging and email all sync perfectly. Only calendars are not syncing. When I open my calendar apps on my phone and iPad, there is a small exclamation point to the left of the word Calendars at the bottom of the screen

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), null

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 12:05 PM

9 replies

Nov 11, 2017 12:36 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for you reply Eric. We have tried setting up a test apple ID on my iMac and the synching works between iCloud and the iCloud app on the iMac only. We set up multiple test entries in the iCloud.iMac calendar and they sync back and forth fine....just not with my iOS devices. The fact that that little red exclamation point is visible at the bottom of the calendars on both iOS devices makes me think something changed with the last iOS update. Additionally, the Apple Help tech had me run all kinds of reports with the hope to email the logs to Apple for analysis, but now I can't even open the link in which to email Apple the results. The rep also can't figure out why the link for apple won't work. This is really frustrating, especially since I am working with a senior AppleCare advisor. If you need additional information, please let me know. Thank you

User uploaded file

Nov 11, 2017 12:11 PM in response to tatman1212

Sounds like an Apple ID problem. Since you haven't posted what has been tried, this may be something you've already done.

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Nov 17, 2017 7:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Again Eric.

Sorry I left your assistance hanging the other day. I just discovered there is a problem with my current Apple ID. I signed out of my current id on my iMac and my iPad and signed in with a different email address and the same AID password. Low and behold, the calendars started syncing again between these two devices. i would be thrilled to just use this alternative apple id going forward, but I would lose all the iCloud based information I have on my devices. Is there any trick to still saving my contacts/photos etc and transferring to my devices using the new id? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

My calendars are no longer syncing on iCloud between iOS and OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.