Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'the item is temporaliy unavailible'

ok so i erased the drive on a macbook pro I was given some time ago. I got the partion back on... but when I go to download the OS X is gives me 'this item is temporarily unavailibe'. I no longer have access to the discs. I am using my apple id that works for my other devices. Any help would be appriciated

MacBook Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 12:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2017 9:39 PM in response to tbuchanan72

It possible that Apple ID never was used to purchase/download the macOS to begin with. Depending on your current macOS you may be able to revert to the original macOS of the computer.

See How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support and look for the keyboard command that installs the macOS that came with your Mac. If we had more information about what computer it is (like Year or Model) and macOS give you more information.

'the item is temporaliy unavailible'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.