Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone X - intermittent transparent box appears. Why?

In a week of use I’ve had a transparent and moveable box come up on the screen. I can move it but not get rid of it. It remains on the screen regardless of application. The only way I’ve figured out getting rid of it is rebooting the phone. Anyone else seeing this? Why it appears? How to stop it appearing if not a bug?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

James

User uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnifier

If you have it turned on, it requires that you triple click your home button to bring that image up. Simply turn off the Magnifier and if necessary, turn your phone off, then on again.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Jamesdrake4 In response to Jamesdrake4

I was told by @AppleSupport on Twitter that this is normal....it's apparently a "magnification" box. I have no idea how I triggered mine, but it seemed the only way to get rid of it was to reboot my phone. I couldn't even swipe up on it to get rid of it.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Jamesdrake4 In response to Jamesdrake4

I was told by @AppleSupport on Twitter that this is normal....it's apparently a "magnification" box. I have no idea how I triggered mine, but it seemed the only way to get rid of it was to reboot my phone. I couldn't even swipe up on it to get rid of it.

Nov 11, 2017 1:01 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Nov 11, 2017 1:04 PM in response to Jamesdrake4 In response to Jamesdrake4

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnifier

If you have it turned on, it requires that you triple click your home button to bring that image up. Simply turn off the Magnifier and if necessary, turn your phone off, then on again.

Nov 11, 2017 1:04 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Jamesdrake4

Question: iPhone X - intermittent transparent box appears. Why?