Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download photos to your ipad

In order to make space I cleared off photos from my iPad and uploaded to the iCloud. Can you Download a pic from the iCloud to your iPad? Not upload but download? I want to see some of the photos on iCloud thru my iPad.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 1:42 PM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2017 2:45 PM in response to BMWgirl07

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photo Library is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to that iCloud Photo Library. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

The other way that photos may be on iCloud (if you don’t have iCloud Photo Library turned on) is via a backup of an iOS device. The only thing you can do with a backup is use it to restore a device or set up a new device. The contents of backups are not viewable at iCloud.com and if you delete a photo from a device it will not be included in future backups and will be lost.

Download photos to your ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.