Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with icloud Photo Library(32 bit)

I am using Windows 10 and I have the Icloud software install.

I received notification that I had reached 90#% of my wifi limit (1024 gb) on November 6th. In doing some research it appears the above mentioned process is constantly using significant amounts of Network bandwidth (I killed it) and we stopped using significant amounts of bandwidth. However on reboot we went back to using lots of network bandwidth. Fortunately my provider gives me two months going over until I get charged and this is the first. Most months I use less than 200GB.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this.

John H

Windows 10

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 1:33 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2017 8:38 AM in response to jhoughtn

jhoughtn wrote:

I am using Windows 10 and I have the Icloud software install.

I received notification that I had reached 90#% of my wifi limit (1024 gb) on November 6th. In doing some research it appears the above mentioned process is constantly using significant amounts of Network bandwidth (I killed it) and we stopped using significant amounts of bandwidth. However on reboot we went back to using lots of network bandwidth. Fortunately my provider gives me two months going over until I get charged and this is the first. Most months I use less than 200GB.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this.

John H

John, hello,

Have a look and see if this discussion describes what you are experiencing: Wasting Disk Space

In one of the last posts in that discussion I post a workaround/temporarely solution, until Apple comes up with a solution finally themselves for this flawed system.

Good luck,
Supergrover.

Nov 13, 2017 9:29 AM in response to LACAllen

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

I don't use this laptop for photo's. Truthfully I seldom use icloud functionality on this laptop.

I am currently at 125% of my quota (90% when I first posted). I have done some additional research and have verified that in the last thirty days I have used 1318 GB of that Icoud photos has used 1283 gb. No way I have anything close to a terabyte of photos

Not sure what the solution is, but my next step wll be to ininstall icloud on the laptop if something doesn't change.

Thanks John H

Issues with icloud Photo Library(32 bit)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.