Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iphone X "raise to wake" not working well...

I'm on my 2nd iphone X (returned first one due to volume issues/dropouts). That first one WAS very good at being sensed, upon motion and pickup. This 2nd phone is not. I pick it up and it usually doesn't turn on display. Screen remains dark. I have all the settings same as the first phone. Only thing that does seem to help is toggling the 2nd Attention Awareness feature in Accessibility off/on about 4 times. But if I reboot the phone, it's back to the problems.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 2:04 PM in response to William Kucharski In response to William Kucharski

Doubt they will allow yet another exchange. Guess I'll ask them to do a Diagnostic.

One thing I've found is there are a lot of menu conflicts in iphone....disabling one setting helps with another. That's been my experience. There may be a simple fix, but who knows....

Nov 11, 2017 2:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Confused3GS In response to Confused3GS

Your merchant should allow as many exchanges as required to get a properly operating device.

Certainly diagnosis will occur, but if you visit say an Apple Store and can readily demonstrate a difference between their demo phones and yours, there's little other recourse for them.

Nov 11, 2017 2:52 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 2:56 PM in response to William Kucharski In response to William Kucharski

I do understand that, but even being within my 14 days, if their diagnostic shows no issues, it'll be hard for me to exchange again. As far as "demo" phones, none of the Geniuses I spoke to had any iPhone X's on hand for comparison purposes.

Nov 11, 2017 2:56 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 3:04 PM in response to Confused3GS In response to Confused3GS

Every Apple Store I have been to has at least three demo iPhone Xs on the floor and has since launch day on November 3.

Even most carrier stores have demos now.

The Geniuses you spoke to likely did not have one in back and didn't want to bother to check a floor unit.

Nov 11, 2017 3:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 3:07 PM in response to William Kucharski In response to William Kucharski

Yeah, maybe I got some lazy geniuses. I guess I'll see how my Genius Bar appt. goes next week. For some reason, exchanging to the 2nd X took nearly 2 hours. Their system seemed hung up and showed I didn't sign up for Upgrade Program when I did.

Nov 11, 2017 3:07 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Confused3GS

Question: iphone X "raise to wake" not working well...