Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send email from my iPad. Checking port number for outcoming where do I ck it is right?

I cannot send emails from my iPad ( I am receiving emails fine). Where do I find that I have the proper port number entered?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 1:58 PM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2017 12:04 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi, thanks for any help or suggestion. It's handy to be able to use iPad for email but currently I have to wait to get to my laptop to reply! I went on line to apple and got the correct settings and made those my mail settings . However still has not allowed me to send. Still receiving fine.

imap.gmail.com is incoming and SMTP.gmail.com is outgoing...

Nov 12, 2017 6:09 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks Diana for your assistance, but with all due respect this problem has affect multiple users, simultaneously, from different locations out of the blue.

So it is not a "settings" issue.

Needless to say, in my case the issue has gone away, through no effort of my own. I simply went into each e-mail in my outbox about 6 hours ago, pressed Send, and they cleared. I hope this has been the case with you also, rj.

Cannot send email from my iPad. Checking port number for outcoming where do I ck it is right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.