Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: red / black screen

Hi, I have the new 15 inch MBP and I'm having this weird problem with screen when playing some games or sometimes even in finder.

When I try to play some games, specifically Jurassic Park: The Game, Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island and some others my screen turns completely red. The sound still plays on, I just can't see anything. The same thing happened before while I was using Cover Flow in Finder, but just the portion of the screen occupied by Cover Flow turned red, but it was the exact same color.

Any idea what the **** is causing that?

I tried contacting apple support and they've told me to reset SMC and something else that I don't remember and I did it, but the problem persists nevertheless and is a bit annoying. I bought this MAc also for gaming and it ***** that it's unable to run even this relatively simple games. I have attached the screenshot below, even though there is not too much to see.

User uploaded file

Thanks!

macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 4:47 PM in response to freakanzy In response to freakanzy

Well, that shouldn't happen at all!

I myself am currently using a MBP 15" 2017, and I do not have this problem.

did you try the suggested SMC reset?

If yes, you might want to consider a Mac OS reinstall even tho thats annoying and a bit time consuming.

Nov 11, 2017 4:47 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: freakanzy

Question: red / black screen