Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Scaling issue on Dell following update to High Sierra

After updating my MacBook Pro Retina 13" (mid-2014) to High Sierra, unable to sync screen scaling on 23" Dell monitor UZ2315H. I need urgent help please!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), mid-2014 13"

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 13, 2017 3:08 PM in response to Jenel In response to Jenel

Hello Jenel,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. It sounds are having an issue with a external monitor connected to your MacBook Pro. To help resolve this issue, please follow the relevant steps from this resource on your situation.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

You can also figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Nov 13, 2017 3:08 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 11:08 PM in response to Jenel In response to Jenel

Hi Brenden and thanks a million - your suggested solutions were a big help. I tossed out a couple of start-up items (Dropbox was probably causing many issues). Got the Pro and Dell talking/sharing in safe mode. Switched off and restarted in regular mode and it didn't work. Left staring at two very blurry screens with outline of background image and no log in window etc. Powered down. Restarted in safe mode and am working in safe mode as I've lost too many working hours already. What I do see is that 'Displays' thinks I have two DellUZ2315H monitors connected.... I don't seem to be able to delete one of them. Could this be a problem? Thanks again. Jenel

Nov 13, 2017 11:08 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 7:15 PM in response to Jenel In response to Jenel

Thanks for replying, Jenel, and that additional info, it really helps! Since you're seeing duplicate monitors listed, your next step is to reset NVRAM (nonvolatile random-access memory) on your Mac and here is more info:

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Nov 14, 2017 7:15 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Jenel

Question: Scaling issue on Dell following update to High Sierra