Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how to copy text from App Store

Wondered if there were any way to copy text from App Store window (know how to do a screen snapshot) so that I can use the text in another? Am writing up some notes and wanted to include some content from the App Store rather than have to just type it in. Printing to a PDF file would be even better. Any ideas?

Thanks...

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2008 3,1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 11, 2017 6:10 PM in response to PN2 In response to PN2

Thanks for the tip. It works for some things but not all, so that's a bummer. Will keep looking.

If it were a copyright issue, seems like they would have made sure that both methods (AppStore and PN2's link tip) would have given the same results. Perhaps we should be thankful for what little bit of text we are able to easily make notes with...

Thanks for everyones suggestions...

Nov 11, 2017 6:10 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2017 6:31 PM in response to dot.com In response to dot.com

Well, I take that back ... didn't notice the "...More" link that when clicked on you get the complete text that the App Store had for the apps I was looking to capture the text of. So PN2's tip is working perfect. Thanks so much...

Nov 11, 2017 6:31 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: dot.com

Question: how to copy text from App Store