Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone app gives me a blank white screen.

Since the last update, when I use my phone app, I get a blank white screen and then after a minute, it goes right back to the home screen. I cannot make a call, but I can receive them. I have rebooted my phone and it hasn’t corrected it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 4:32 PM

I went looking for help on this myself and found this thread. It didn't help but I later figured it out.

I had an iphone 6s, fresh OS install (totally wiped) and the latest software as of 1.9.18 and I was having this problem with the phone app.

I went to contacts in the settings app.

turned off all the siri stuff, find contacts in other apps, and show app, then set the default account to my GMail instead of "from my mac" and everything started working correctly. I don't know which specific setting did it but it's working now.

good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2018 4:32 PM in response to mamade

I went looking for help on this myself and found this thread. It didn't help but I later figured it out.

I had an iphone 6s, fresh OS install (totally wiped) and the latest software as of 1.9.18 and I was having this problem with the phone app.

I went to contacts in the settings app.

turned off all the siri stuff, find contacts in other apps, and show app, then set the default account to my GMail instead of "from my mac" and everything started working correctly. I don't know which specific setting did it but it's working now.

good luck.

Nov 14, 2017 10:45 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yeah... of course I tried that. It also began to affect my contacts and then messages. I also tried a hard reset that failed to correct the issue. Apple's answer was it is a software malfunction. Their only solution is to wipe the phone and reinstall. You'd think for a phone that costs more than many laptops, it's software could be heartier. My laptop has outlasted 6 iPhones with countless bouts of reinstalling software.

My phone app gives me a blank white screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.