Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my i phone overheat when i play games?

My phone gets hot when I play games, but is fine otherwise, what’s happening. It’s scary because it really gets hot!

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 5:40 PM

Hi MoniEliz,

The usual reason for a device heating up is 'overwork', just as it is for a person heating up. Some games (eg. those with lots of action involving high-definition graphics) put the processor through a heavy workout.

Apps that have been hidden, but not quit, add to the load as they continue to work away in the background.

Keep track of the games that cause this overheating. Quit any process (app) you are not currently using. Remove any files you will not have need for. Then see if there is any improvement.

Note that this is general advice, applicable to whatever platform you are using.

You've posted your question in the AppleWorks community, where the main topic of discussion is issues and techniques involving Apple's long-discontinued productivity application AppleWorks. You may receive more specific advice in the Using iPhone community, so I've requested this discussion be transferred there.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2017 5:40 PM in response to MoniEliz

Hi MoniEliz,

The usual reason for a device heating up is 'overwork', just as it is for a person heating up. Some games (eg. those with lots of action involving high-definition graphics) put the processor through a heavy workout.

Apps that have been hidden, but not quit, add to the load as they continue to work away in the background.

Keep track of the games that cause this overheating. Quit any process (app) you are not currently using. Remove any files you will not have need for. Then see if there is any improvement.

Note that this is general advice, applicable to whatever platform you are using.

You've posted your question in the AppleWorks community, where the main topic of discussion is issues and techniques involving Apple's long-discontinued productivity application AppleWorks. You may receive more specific advice in the Using iPhone community, so I've requested this discussion be transferred there.

Regards,

Barry

why does my i phone overheat when i play games?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.