Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Compressor encoded OK, but Create Disc froze and wouldn't burn the BluRay.

I've been using FCP for years up to 7.03. Decided to update the OS and download the latest FCP X. Big issue is I exported to Compressor (latest version) with the command to burn a BluRay. Encoded OK and Create Disc opened but did nothing. When I inserted the blank disc, I got the Apple dialog box asking if I wanted to open the blank disc in Finder, etc. Also, small thing. How do you get a simple crawling Text that goes across the screen?

Thank You,

Henrik H.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 2:18 PM in response to Henrik Hansen1 In response to Henrik Hansen1

Try adding a background image then removing it.

If you keep a background image make sure is no larger than the Project.

Re: the crawling text.

Downloading some pre-mades is an easy option:

crawling-text-in-final-cut-pro-x

Al

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 2:18 PM in response to Henrik Hansen1 In response to Henrik Hansen1

Try adding a background image then removing it.

If you keep a background image make sure is no larger than the Project.

Re: the crawling text.

Downloading some pre-mades is an easy option:

crawling-text-in-final-cut-pro-x

Al

Nov 12, 2017 2:18 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 12, 2017 10:20 AM in response to Alchroma In response to Alchroma

Thank you so much for the link. I downloaded the crawling text and installed just fine. Where do you add a background image, in FCP or Compressor and how do you do it? Probably a pretty basic question; sorry!

Henrik

Nov 12, 2017 10:20 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 9:12 PM in response to Henrik Hansen1 In response to Henrik Hansen1

User uploaded file

The above image is for FCP X Bluray.

Compressor is nearly identical.

It's a good idea to Output to Hard Drive as you do not waste discs if errors creep in and more than one disc can be burned from the resulting .img file.

FCP X auto trashes the generated bluray files after you close FCP X.

Al

Nov 12, 2017 9:12 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Henrik Hansen1

Question: Compressor encoded OK, but Create Disc froze and wouldn't burn the BluRay.