Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gyroscope issue with IOS 11.1.1 update on iPhone X

I got the iPhone X a week ago and have had no issues. AR worked as well as the compass.

I updated to iOS 11.1.1 2 days ago. The next day I download the Clip app to see if the special scene section in it. It did not work, there was no background.

The compass was not working and all AR apps would not work.

I’v told apple and they are letting an engineer look into it.

I did restore the iPhone via iTunes. Looked at it as a new phone but the issues is still there.

I wonder if it is a hardware issue but only happened after the update.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 11:59 PM

iOS 11.1.1 on iPad Mini 2. Racing games goes for a toss with the gyroscope misbehaving. I downgraded to iOS 11.0.2 immediately which I felt is the most stable among the current bunch of iOS 11.x releases. Everything is ok now. No more upgrading until iOS 11.2 hits.

Apple is releasing iOS versions almost every other 2-3 weeks to solve bugs in the previous versions, which indeed it does but then introduces x more bugs. This was entirely not the case from iOS 6 to iOS 10. Each release had a few minor bugs but nothing that average users notices or affects their usability at large. Now it just seems a routine affair.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 11:59 PM in response to Anthony495

iOS 11.1.1 on iPad Mini 2. Racing games goes for a toss with the gyroscope misbehaving. I downgraded to iOS 11.0.2 immediately which I felt is the most stable among the current bunch of iOS 11.x releases. Everything is ok now. No more upgrading until iOS 11.2 hits.

Apple is releasing iOS versions almost every other 2-3 weeks to solve bugs in the previous versions, which indeed it does but then introduces x more bugs. This was entirely not the case from iOS 6 to iOS 10. Each release had a few minor bugs but nothing that average users notices or affects their usability at large. Now it just seems a routine affair.

Nov 22, 2017 8:45 AM in response to Anthony495

I was able to fix mine. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. I'm not sure which one fixed it, but I allowed the compass to use my location while I was using the app, then went to Systems Services and allowed Compass Calibration and Motion Calibration & Distance.

Now the Compass app works, as well as the backgrounds in the Clips app.

Gyroscope issue with IOS 11.1.1 update on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.