Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Trying to switch libraries in Photos

Hi,

I just upgraded to High Sierra.

I have three Photo libraries (local libraries on my Mac). My current one happened to be the oldest as I was looking at old photos last week. When I try to switch libraries to the newest one, it won't let me. It asks me if I want to switch and I het "switch", then the same messages comes up again asking me if I want to switch.

Can anyone help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 6:49 AM in response to 4score In response to 4score

Your question is not clear

You can switch libraries by holding down the option (alt) key while launching Photos and selecting the library you want to open from the resulting select library window or you can double click on the library you want to open

LN

Nov 12, 2017 6:49 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 20, 2017 9:10 AM in response to Old Toad In response to Old Toad

Yes, when I double click the library it asks if I want to switch, but just keeps giving me the same message over and over even though I select “switch”. I was successful finally getting it to switch by exiting Photos then restarting it while holding the option key.

Nov 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 20, 2017 9:14 AM in response to LarryHN In response to LarryHN

Thanks. Double clicking the library did not work. It kept giving me a response asking if I wanted to “switch” libraries. I would click “switch” then it would come back with the same message asking me if I wanted to switch. This goes on and on and it never switches. I did try the option key and was able to switch.

Nov 20, 2017 9:14 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: 4score

Question: Trying to switch libraries in Photos