Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to switch libraries in Photos

Hi,

I just upgraded to High Sierra.

I have three Photo libraries (local libraries on my Mac). My current one happened to be the oldest as I was looking at old photos last week. When I try to switch libraries to the newest one, it won't let me. It asks me if I want to switch and I het "switch", then the same messages comes up again asking me if I want to switch.

Can anyone help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 6:49 AM

Your question is not clear

You can switch libraries by holding down the option (alt) key while launching Photos and selecting the library you want to open from the resulting select library window or you can double click on the library you want to open

LN

5 replies

Nov 20, 2017 9:14 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks. Double clicking the library did not work. It kept giving me a response asking if I wanted to “switch” libraries. I would click “switch” then it would come back with the same message asking me if I wanted to switch. This goes on and on and it never switches. I did try the option key and was able to switch.

Trying to switch libraries in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.