Related Article

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Hi I just bought a wireless printer I do not have WiFi just internet from phone can I get it to work ?

Hi I just bought airless printer I do not have WiFi trying to make work with my phone internet trying to print invoice from pages app can I do ?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 7:09 AM in response to Jmiah1976 In response to Jmiah1976

Ask your neighbor if she'll let you use her Wifi. Without Wifi, you're not going to get a wireless printer to print wirelessly. WPS is wireless protected service, and since you don't have Wifi, you can't configure.

Nov 12, 2017 7:09 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 7:13 AM in response to Jmiah1976 In response to Jmiah1976

Does that printer support ad-hoc networks and is it AirPrint compatible? If it does, then set one up and have the iOS device connect to that network to print.

Also iOS does not support WPS - WPS is one of the lamest excuses for “security” ever released. It is notoriously easy and simple to crack a WPS network. Device manufacturers really need to drop it completely.

Nov 12, 2017 7:13 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Jmiah1976

Question: Hi I just bought a wireless printer I do not have WiFi just internet from phone can I get it to work ?