Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to High Sierra I can't log into a few websites, What gives?

After update to High Sierra I can't log into a few websites, What gives? The websites just keep reloading as I try to log-in. Even the reset password options don't work.

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 7:51 PM

10 replies

Nov 11, 2017 7:57 PM in response to tmckinley

There are some troubleshooting steps to follow, in no particular order:

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products, anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

If you don't get anywhere, you can use the following procedure to determine if the problem is internal or external to your Mac. Causes may involve your router, your ISP, the DNS Server(s) it uses, or certain user-configurable options.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Load macOS Recovery by holding and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac with a third finger.
  3. At the macOS Utilities screen, release those two fingers.
  4. Choose Get Help Online.
  5. Safari will launch, but it will lack your bookmarks, favorites, history and other preferences.

Determine if the problem persists while using Safari in that mode. After that, restart your Mac normally, and reply with your observations.

Nov 16, 2017 12:55 PM in response to DonaldW

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

After update to High Sierra I can't log into a few websites, What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.