Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Since upgrading to High Sierra, I can't mirror an external monitor. 15" Late 2013 MBP with Nvidia 750 GPU; worked before upgrading. Is there a newer driver available?

Has anyone else experienced the inability to mirror retina display to external monitor? I can extend the desktop, but I can't mirror it anymore. Screen flashes mirrored, and then flashes back to extended view. Used to work in Sierra ...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 10:34 AM in response to BobTheFisherman In response to BobTheFisherman

@Bob: same monitors (multiple different ones) including a 24”IPS that displayed full 4K resolution before High Sierra ... it worked before the update with the same setups ... monitors work as extended displays, and I can change retina and external monitor(s) to be the same resolution ... they just won’t mirror ... (and they used to before I upgraded .... forgot to wait/forgot to backup ... same thing happened at the beginning of Sierra ... seems to be an Nvidia issue ... and can’t shut that card off.

Nov 12, 2017 10:34 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 8:12 PM in response to AndrSpad In response to AndrSpad

Couple of stills showing a split second with both displays mirrored, and then extended ...

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Nov 12, 2017 8:12 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 5:56 AM in response to AndrSpad In response to AndrSpad

Just wondering... did you install any gpu driver from NVIDIA or are you just using the ones that came with the OS?

Also: did you try in Safe Mode? Any difference?

And yet: you could try when started normally and logged in to a different user account. Any difference?

Nov 13, 2017 5:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 12:55 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis:

I used the NVidia drivers from the web. When I started in safe mode, I could mirror the displays. When I rebooted in normal mode, the screens where mirrored. I could turn off the mirroring, but when I tried to re-mirror it, it wouldn't do it ... don't have time to try the other user login at this time.

Nov 13, 2017 12:55 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 6:11 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis:

Nvidia allows you to choose which driver to use: OS or Nvidia. Requires a reboot. Did that (switched to OS drivers) ... still had the issue ... Then I tried starting in safe mode. After restarting in safe mode, the monitor was mirrored, and then, after rebooting into normal mode, the monitor was still mirrored; I switched back to extended screens then, and was not able to switch back ...

Nov 14, 2017 6:11 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: AndrSpad

Question: Since upgrading to High Sierra, I can't mirror an external monitor. 15" Late 2013 MBP with Nvidia 750 GPU; worked before upgrading. Is there a newer driver available?