Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi drops out

Does any one wifi drop out on iPhone X. When the iphone sitting there and you go to use it it's not connected to wifi and you got reconnect to the wifi. And you leave your iPhone for 5 min and it drop out again. And it keeps doing it. I have reset network connection and it works fine again for a day or so and it start to drop out again. Until you reset the network connections again. And day or so it does it again.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 7:58 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2017 12:00 PM in response to dazm

Hi there, dazm!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the Wi-Fi on your iPhone and I will be happy to help out! You’ve tried an excellent step resetting the network settings and at this point it would be best to follow the steps here to backup the device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings . These steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps will help isolate the situation further.

Let me know the results and have a great day!

Dec 12, 2017 1:04 PM in response to dazm

Did this solve your problem? Because it is not working for me.

I have two X's and the one I am using for work has this problem, and it has been annoying. The other one is fine.
I restored to factory settings and now syncing from iCloud seems to be going all so-slowly as the phone keeps failing to connect to WI-FI after a little while.

Dec 14, 2017 5:40 PM in response to djemyoudjel

I actually have access to a netscout aircheck g2 which allows me to analyze my WiFi env. My iPhone X will stop working over WiFi, I then check the information icon next to my ssid under settings and notice I’m getting an internal 169.x.x.x IP. The netscout has the ability to show me all clients in the env and when the iPhone X is in this state the nets out does not see the MAC address of my X. As soon as you toggle WiFi on the phone the nets out sees the MAC address and my iP goes back to 192.x. It is as if the radio is going to sleep. This happens even when streaming. I can provide pcaps too if I have to. I also saw this on another access point so it is not my home env.

Wifi drops out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.