Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Old Apple OS sounds

I remember a version of the Apple OS where there were sounds titled "SpaceBalls" "Sheet" "Transvaal" "Blue Dust" "Ghost II". There were some others as well that came out with that version of the OS. But I can't find any mention of them on the internet. Can anyone help with the OS version. Was it OS9?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 11:45 PM in response to John Prokos In response to John Prokos

FOR YOUR INFOMATION...

"Alert Sounds" in Mac OS 9.2 on iBook G3

ChuToy, Glass, Indigo, Laugh, Logjam, Pong2003, Purr, SimpleBeep, Single Click, Sosumi, Submarine, Temple, Uh Oh, Voltage, Whit

"Sound Effects" in Mac OS X 10.2.8 on iBook G3

Basso, Blow, Bottle, Frog, Funk, Glass, Hero, Morse, Ping, Pop, Purr, Sosumi, Submarine, Tink

Have a nice week.

Nov 12, 2017 11:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 6:00 AM in response to liupeizhe_CH In response to liupeizhe_CH

Thank you for mentioning those. I remember the sound files I mentioned above were larger and more "impressive" at the time. Maybe they were an additional install (non standard) because their file size was "huge".

Nov 13, 2017 6:00 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 11:39 AM in response to John Prokos In response to John Prokos

It has been a long time, but if memory serves there was a control panel (and/or extension set) named Kaboom which allowed the assignment of specific sounds to certain actions, and came with additional sounds (I think). This may have been pre-OS 9, though.

Nov 13, 2017 11:39 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: John Prokos

Question: Old Apple OS sounds