Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think iOS 11.1.1 killed Numbers for iPad

I have an iPad Pro 9.7" and use Numbers frequently. After installing iOS 11.1.1 I can not open my Numbers spreadsheet files. I get the message 'the file does not exist'. I can create another new spreadsheet from the templates, and after a few seconds, it too is unusable.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.2, Over 200 Gb available. New iPad.

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 9:16 PM

5 replies

Nov 19, 2017 3:53 PM in response to dmc75287

I too am having this issue on iPad Pro and iPhone 6s after ios 11.x update. Tried many of the suggested fixes out there but to no avail. We Have important documents that are needed. Has Apple lost configuration control and control of testing programs? The Stock app also not behaving correctly, ring tones broke (its how we discern important calls from the deluge of robo calls. Apple added too many changes in 11 that were not adequately tested against exiating base functionality. Now not sure we should count on Apple devices for important work until they address and improve quality control.

Dec 16, 2017 1:44 PM in response to dmc75287

Having the exact same problem on my iPad Pro 12.9. I had a very critical numbers file I maintained regularly. When I open the numbers app I see it but it will not open and if I try to duplicate or share The file I get a “file does not exist” error. I certainly hope the file wasn’t trashed by recent updates but something tells me it’s gone forever. Recreating it will take many hours of painstaking work 😡

I think iOS 11.1.1 killed Numbers for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.