Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my apple id has been locked

my apple id has been locked and seller who i bought my apple id card and iphone from him is not available and i do not know Email support and security question. the repair told me that i have too send my iphone abroad but it is not possible, please help me

iPhone 7, iOS 11, i am from Iran

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 12:00 AM in response to hadisilak24sh In response to hadisilak24sh

Apple ID's cannot be sold so the Apple ID to which the iPhone is locked is not yours and quite possibly, it does not belong to the seller of the iPhone either.

Do not bother to send the iPhone abroad because no one can solve your problem except the legitimate owner of the Apple ID and, most probably, of the iPhone as well.

The iPhone is locked to the Apple ID originally used to activate the iPhone and, as I said, only the owner of this Apple ID can remove the iPhone from his Apple ID.

Read the following link for more information:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Nov 12, 2017 12:00 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 1:57 AM in response to hadisilak24sh In response to hadisilak24sh

No, the link that I posted is not about Apple Watch. It is about Activation Lock for all iOS devices, including of course the iPhone, through the Find my iPhone feature. Please read it carefully and in full and you will know that there is nothing you can do.

Again, I repeat, the Apple ID you are trying to use is NOT yours. Therefore, you cannot use it anywhere. Your iPhone is useless because it cannot be activated without the Apple ID and Password to which it is locked. There is no solution other than finding the rightful owner of the Apple ID and having him remove the iPhone from his Apple ID. Then, and only then, you can create your own Apple ID and activate the iPhone with it.

If you cannot reach that owner, then you have an expensive paperweight as you will never be able to activate that iPhone until the rightful owner removes it from his Apple ID. I hope it is now clear to you.

Nov 12, 2017 1:57 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: hadisilak24sh

Question: my apple id has been locked