Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in my iphone 7 inside model : FN8X2LL/A , IS IT REFURBISHED

in my iphone 7 inside model : FN8X2LL/A , IS IT REFURBISHED?

\

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 7:42 AM

Looks to be refurbished to me....

It is very simple to tell if the device is refurbished by Apple.

Look at the first Letter of the model number

• "
    F
    ": refurbished unit
  • "
    M
    ": retail unit
  • "
    N
    ": replacement unit
  • "
    P
    ": personalized (engraved) unit
9 replies

Nov 16, 2017 7:47 AM in response to Phil0124

But to see in website imei infom that it's not refurbished, is it any problem and checking with serial no. also seen that it's not refurbished bcse I bought it with intact box and fresh look and in my box shows the model no. MN8X2LL/A & A1778. now what's the way in my phone setting information Model. FN8X2LL/A & A1778...what is the problem with this ...pls and me

Nov 16, 2017 7:56 AM in response to fan90

The fact that is was packaged in a nice box does not stop it from being refurbished. Apple sells Refurbished models in normal retail boxes.

The Part number change from M to F also is a tell tale sign that it is in fact refurbished. When a device is refurbished, its part number is changed to reflect this, but the printed model number on the box would not be changed.

What website did you use to check this? Even if it is refurbished by Apple, Apple would still have it registered as a valid device, and honor its warranty. Refurbished iPhones sold by Apple come with the same 1 year warranty as new retail units.

Apple's refurbished units go through a very strict verification process to make sure they work as new, and for all intents and purposes should be indistinguishable from a new unit.

There is nothing wrong with it being refurbished if it was bought from Apple's Refurbished store. If it was sold to you by someone other than Apple without disclosing it was refurbished, then your issue is with however sold it to you.

in my iphone 7 inside model : FN8X2LL/A , IS IT REFURBISHED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.