Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Effects On iPhone 6S- Help, won’t work

Pls Help. I want to send effects (Bubbles, Confetti etc...) on my iPhone 6S w/updated software— but somehow I cannot make this function appear no matter how long I hold the arrow prior to sending. What are the Settings in Accessibility that allow Text Message Effect to pop up- (Somehow I think I messed up Settings while tweaking features). It used to work a month ago? I have T-Mobile, and have spent hours changing Motion On-Off, Hold lengths Up/Dwn, Assistive Touch On/Off... Nothing works. If someone can tell me what are the Settings Needed in ‘Accessibility’ to make Txt Effects work- Is be extremely grateful. Thx

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.1, 128GB Silver VPN Ping/Scatter

Posted on Nov 11, 2017 10:19 PM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2017 1:09 PM in response to TerraMike

Hello TerraMike,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you've been unable to use message effects with iMessage on your iPhone. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved so far! I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes. This can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if the issue continues. Include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Text Message Effects On iPhone 6S- Help, won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.