Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: email problems with high sierra

Hello,

macOS High Sierra has been a NIGHTMARE!!! Every time I compose an email and try and send it, the email starts flashing and will not send. I have to log out, and back in, to email to get it to send. I am paralyzed. I will need to go back to my Windows software! I litera;lly cannot use email on my Mac. All this since I installed High Sierra. What happened? Anyone know what do? I have heard Apple is getting sloppier in its software...maybe it is true?

Peter

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), null

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 8:16 PM in response to John Galt In response to John Galt

Hi John,

Alas, none of this is working. I am pretty certain it is the new software I installed as things were fine until I installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1. Since then my emails just "flash" between the actual email I want to send and my email Inbox. They eventually send, but it can take hours. Any ideas?

Peter

Nov 12, 2017 8:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 8:47 PM in response to Peter Freire In response to Peter Freire

Does the same problem occur if you restart your Mac in "Safe Mode"?: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.

Some additional troubleshooting steps to consider:

• Rebuild that Mailbox, or all Mailboxes, according to the following: Rebuild mailboxes - Apple Support. You can rebuild any Mailbox including Outbox.
  • (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Create a backup if you haven't done that already. To learn how to use Time Machine please read How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support. That doesn't have anything to do with your Mail difficulties; it just goes without saying that you should have a backup.

Also, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", "washing" or similarly categorized junk on your Mac, don't. That also just goes without saying.

Nov 12, 2017 8:47 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Peter Freire

Question: email problems with high sierra