Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get the verification code for installation app download by SMS

When i downloaded application from App Store, the alert showed that " before you can make this purchase, you must verify your accounts. A verification code will be sent to your phone +81xxxxxx0897. Please enter the code on the following screen to proceed. Then I clicked the botton "Send SMS" but did not show any actions later. (my phone no. is +************, I have just changed the company network from Docomo to AU and changed from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8.)

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 8, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 1:41 PM

Hi Tuetawi,

I understand that you are not receiving the verification code to verify your account so that you can purchase an app. The following article has some information on this issue.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID​

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.
A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Get a code from Settings on your trusted device

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.
From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
In iOS 10.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.3 or later, if your device is offline:

2. Tap Password & Security.
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap your Apple ID username.
  3. If your device is offline, tap Get Verification Code. If your device is online, tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

User uploaded file

Let me know if this helps with your verification code issue. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities to post your question. Have a good rest of your day.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 1:41 PM in response to Tuetawi

Hi Tuetawi,

I understand that you are not receiving the verification code to verify your account so that you can purchase an app. The following article has some information on this issue.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID​

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.
A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Get a code from Settings on your trusted device

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.
From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
In iOS 10.3 or later:

2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.3 or later, if your device is offline:

2. Tap Password & Security.
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

In iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap your Apple ID username.
  3. If your device is offline, tap Get Verification Code. If your device is online, tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

User uploaded file

Let me know if this helps with your verification code issue. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities to post your question. Have a good rest of your day.

Can't get the verification code for installation app download by SMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.