Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing invitation not working.

My family signed up for Apple Music family subscription, and I'm trying to join, but the invite link in iMessage does not seem to be working, after I tap to view invitation, and tap "Join Family", nothing happens.

I tried joining using the organiser's device using the "Invite in real life" method and I did all the steps but its says "This action could not be completed at this time."

I have tried signing out of iCloud and signing back in but it doesn't seem to work either.

Both devices are on iOS 11, and each of the devices have the same account for both iTunes and App Store and iCloud.

Please help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1, null

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 1:35 AM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2017 2:04 PM in response to minteamocha

Hey minteamocha,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to join a family group but you are not able to accept the invitation. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. There is still another way you can try to accept the invitation. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you miss the email or text invitation, no problem. You can respond from your device Settings or System Preferences:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > Invitations. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Invitations.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage Family.

Set up Family Sharing

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Family sharing invitation not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.